Gleason Corporation announces the introduction of the 175GMS Analytical Gear Inspection System, with faster complete inspection of automotive, aerospace and other smaller gears, as well as gear cutting tools and non-gear parts.
The latest addition to the GMS Series (with models available for gears up to 3,000 mm in diameter) the 175GMS completes the development of the GMS series and replaces the very successful 175GMM. The 175GMS includes noteworthy features such as:
- Surface finish measurement and prismatic feature measurement.
- The first GMS system to feature the new Windows® 7-based Gleason GAMATM 3.0 applications software suite.
- A highly intuitive user interface and simple input screens for programming of work pieces and cutting tool data.
- Built-in tutorial information for gear features with text, pictures and videos that are user editable.
- Easy setup, state of the art remote I/O controls system and improved movement optimization significantly reduce the cycle times required for the complete inspection of almost any gear or gear tool as compared to other gear measurement systems on the market.
- A new-generation Renishaw® 3D scanning probe head to provide maximum accuracy and flexibility for the complete inspection of all kinds of gears and gear-cutting tools and, in particular, finer pitch gears.
- A new ergonomically mounted operator workstation and an Advanced Operator Interface (optional) – both designed to greatly improve the operator’s effectiveness at every stage of the inspection process.
- The Advanced Operator Interface puts a number of powerful tools right at the operator’s fingertips, including an environmental monitoring station to record temperature and humidity as well as video telephony, note pad and voice mail messaging capability, Gleason Connect® for enhanced remote diagnostic support, creation of standard work instructions, online training tools, multi-lingual communication and more.
Gleason Corporation’s products are used by customers in automotive, truck, aircraft, agriculture, mining, wind power, construction, power tool and marine industries and by a diverse set of customers serving various industrial equipment markets. Gleason has manufacturing operations in Rochester, New York; Rockford, Illinois; Dayton, Ohio; Munich and Ludwigsburg, Germany; Studen, Switzerland; Bangalore; India, Suzhou, China and Niigata, Japan, and has sales and service offices throughout North and South America, Europe and in the Asia-Pacific region.