Responsible for repair and maintenance of weld cell equipment to provide efficient and quality welding application.
- Coordinate the process/procedures as it relates to welding for new product launches and current production
- Perform preventive maintenance and troubleshoot automated welding cells and equipment
- Set up of robotic and resistance weld operations and Poke-yoke apparatus
- Fixture modification and adjustments
- Operate and program robotic weld cells
- Assist in the training of operators on all weld cell operations
- Responsible for verifying and documenting changes to process parameters
- Assist Welding Engineers as needed
- Read electrical schematics and other documents to assist in diagnosing and repairing machinery and equipment
- Troubleshoot machinery and equipment
- Works to eliminate downtime. Identifies and eliminates sources of downtime and extraneous variation through root cause analysis and implementation of corrective measures with Engineering Teams
- Communicate with co-workers and others to carry out job duties
- Robotic troubleshooting and programming – Fanuc and Motoman
- Welding proficiency – knowledge of multiple welding processes including laser welding, gas metal arc welding, and resistance welding – including the ability to manually weld and pass the welding certification requirements
- Knowledge of troubleshooting and maintaining welding equipment – Lincoln electric, Miller, Entron, HighYag RLSK, IPG, Precitec, etc.
- Knowledge of ISO/TS16949
- Knowledge of cutting, forming, turning, milling, grinding, tool sharpening, SPS (statistical process control) charting, calculating speeds and feeds, machine setup, blueprint reading, electrical schematic reading
- Must have knowledge of mechanical, pneumatic, electrical and hydraulic systems sufficient to diagnose and repair machines
- Must be able to operate basic metrology equipment, grease guns, grinders, drill presses, punch presses, hand tools, and equipment related to the maintenance and repair of equipment and machines
- Communication skills to communicate and interact with all levels of employees
- Computer skills and math skills sufficient to perform department related tasks are required
- High School Diploma or equivalent, plus formal training leading to journeyman status in Machine Repair and/or equivalent on the job experience
- Safety glasses and hearing protection required. Other safety equipment required on an as needed basis.
- Working environment and physical requirements of this position are those typical of an office setting and manufacturing environment.
- Working environment and physical requirements of this position are those typical of a manufacturing environment. Job requires very frequent visual effort and concentration, and the ability to move in and around equipment and machinery throughout the plant(s), including second story areas. This may include climbing on, in and around locked out machinery and equipment. Must be able to identify colors for purposes of executing machine and equipment repairs. The ability to lift 40 pounds is required.