We have an opening for a Pipe Fitter with 5+ years’ experience. This position reports to the Assembly Leader. Applicants should have good attendance, transportation, and work history. Responsibilities include assembly, integration and testing of individual projects to produce high quality customer solutions.
Job Duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Mechanical assembly of tooling
- Pneumatic assembly of air logic, cylinders, valves, headers, etc.
- Test & debug on workshop floor
- Checking quality of suppliers work/components
- Debug of pneumatic circuitry
- Debug of mechanical scope-of-work
- Working closely with Project Management Department
- Working closely with Mechanical Engineering Department
- Ensuring safe work practices are always being utilized and considered with the workshop
- Mechanical & pneumatic assembly experience in automation or similar industry
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must be able to operate machine shop tooling (saw, threader, drill press, welder, etc.)
- Must be able to read and interpret pneumatic schematics/diagrams
- Be able to drive a forklift
- Troubleshoot and solve issues
- Must supply own tools required to perform their job task.
Education & Personality Requirements:
- Vocational School preferred
- Senior High School diploma or higher
- Self- starter & structured
- Good working relationship and effective communication skills with vendors, team members, suppliers and project teams.
- Sense of urgency & customer oriented attitude
- Can work under pressure & challenging time plans