Perform engineering support functions aligned with OEE, quality, delivery, and cost for processes. Provide process documentation and maintains active and archived CNC programs in the machining area to support CNC processes. Is a supporting role for general machining troubleshooting. Recommends and implements improvement opportunities for machining parameters, tool paths and optimizing tool life and product quality. Develops and maintains relationships in other Continental plant(s) performing similar operations as to exchange thoughts and ideas on processes and best practices (German language is a plus).
● CNC programming, and revision control of CNC programs in machines.
● Keep all process documentation up to date to include optimum machining parameters generating optimum tool life and quality, evaluation of cycle time related to program tool paths and machining parameters.
● Standardize CNC program logic so stream lines trouble shooting and training activities for anchor / housing processes on similar controls and processes.
● Interface with Production, Tooling Engineering, and Quality Engineering in coordination of projects, PPAPs, tool tests, quality issues, maintenance issues, and process changes to keep process (and process documentation) up to date and producing the best quality parts possible and optimizing machine performance.
● Interface with Tooling Engineering, Manufacturing Engineers, and Quality Engineers to improve systems, documentation, and CNC processes within the system with the goal of continuous improvement.
● Assist in accurate and timely completion of PPAPs and Tool Tests.
● Assist in developing and maintaining tool life systems and tool monitoring systems as related to machining processes
● Develop programs and instructions for all machining CNC practices / processes.
● Perform analysis of parts (and related processes) that show chronic problems in production. Use tools in house to understand and correct issues caused by machine/tooling/process influence. Project team member to assist in new product launches, designs, and APQP activities as they relate to process engineering.
● Development and maintenance of systems for the purpose of increasing value added data, decreasing “written” data and moving more to electronic media, and decreasing downtime. Learn and understand all facets of current machine operations and CNC programming
Basic Qualifications: * Two Year Technical Degree or 5+ years experience *
CNC Programming experience (Siemens 840D helpful) * Strong Interpersonal,
Communication, and leadership skills * Working knowledge of GD&T Tolerancing
Preferred Qualifications ● High Degree of Computer Skills, database experience
or other programming is a plus ● Working knowledge of PPAP, APQP, Control Plans,
FMEAs ● Time Management Skills ● Experience in Automotive Machining or high
volume environment a Plus
What we offer
We understand that each of our employees is unique. That is why Continental
offers a variety of benefit options. Depending on the eligibility, benefits
include: medical plan choices; prescription drug benefits; health saving
accounts; dental plan options; vision plan options; life insurance and
accidental death and dismemberment; disability insurance; legal plan assistance;
retirement savings and more.