Due to continued growth, we are currently seeking a motivated, teachable individual with a strong work ethic and proven machine building experience to build CNC machine tools & high tech automation systems.
We are proud to offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including 401k.
A multifaceted position that requires many different skill sets; the builder primarily assembles CNC machine tools in accordance with assembly and detail drawings and supporting documents.
- Individual must be able to read engineering drawings, inspect and measure precision parts, assemble assemblies from drawings, performing precision fits, geometric alignment for squareness, parallelism and leveling of machine bases and linear slides.
- The individual should have a basic knowledge of metalworking theory and practice and be able to operate most tool room machines to manufacture simple parts.
- Additionally, the builder must be familiar with mechanical, electrical, fluid and pneumatic systems.
- While the majority of the work is done on-site in a clean environment, up to 20% travel will be required to assist with new machine installation and be available to travel to service, repair and maintain same machinery in the field across North America.
Bertsche Engineering Corporation, established in 1972 in Buffalo Grove, IL, is a designer and builder of high technology 5 Axis machine tools, automatic tool changes, and robotic systems. We are proud of the fact that our equipment is designed and manufactured in Buffalo Grove, IL for over 40 years. Major industrial sectors represented among Bertsche Engineering customers are aircraft and aerospace industries, mold and die, fluid product and automotive industries. Our customers are diverse and range in size from small machine shops to Fortune 100 Manufacturers.
Training/Education and or Certification:
- High School Diploma with
- Junior College or Trade School training for Machine Tool technology or Industrial Maintenance Training Program
- 3 years’ minimum work experience in same or related field (industry)