1. Assign daily production duties to machine operators.
2. Procure raw materials to be used in production.
3. Ensure production, safety and quality procedures are being followed.
4. Assist Engineering Department on design changes for production parts.
5. Understand dimensioning and tolerancing of engineering drawings.
6. Troubleshoot mechanical failures and perform basic repairs and
maintenance on machines.
7. Maintain the cleanliness of the shop.
8. Verify production set-up and production programming.
9. Communicate all discrepancies to the proper management personnel.
10. Coordinate process flow with other departments.
11. Ensure production schedules are met in a timely fashion.
12. Experience with Fadal CNC milling machine and Mazak lathe.
13. Knowledge of Gibbscam programming software is preferred.
14. Other duties as required.
Guide production employees in their daily job requirements; ensure Company policies and standards are met.
Strong oral / written communication skills for instructions, memos, etc. Must have strong listening skills, and be able to make precise decisions quickly. Must pay strong attention to detail. Will use both simple and complex math calculations, read mechanical and project blueprints, and understand dimensioning and tolerancing. Will use hand held measuring tools, and instruct staff on using math and measuring tools. Must be a forward thinker and a team player.
Intermittent periods of sitting at computer; twisting, turning, reaching, and bending; must be able to lift up to 25# and assist with loading and unloading of equipment.
All CNC machinery, secondary equipment, i.e. drill presses, grinders, etc., hand held tools, multiple computers. Must have own hand tools.