The INDEX Group is the leading precision turning machine manufacturer in the world. Based in Esslingen, Germany, the Company was founded in 1914 and operates worldwide, including Germany, France, Sweden, USA, Brazil and China with additional support offices around the world. Quality, reliability and technical leadership are reflected in an extensive product line and services which include CNC multispindle turning machines, automatic lathes, Swiss turning machines, vertical turning machines, and advanced turning/milling centers. The key strength of the INDEX Group lies in its ability to develop the optimum production solution for each customer.
Essential duties & responsibilities for the Field Service Engineer include:
- Installs, repairs, inspects, sets up and tests the Company’s machinery and equipment.
- Diagnoses and troubleshoots machinery malfunctions by listening and looking for unusual sounds or characteristics and discussing issues, problems or status with supervisor and other service technicians and customers.
- Dismantles defective machines, equipment or parts and installs, adjusts and tests new or repaired parts.
- Cleans and lubricates shafts, bearings gears and other parts of machinery.
- Installs and repairs electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment such as transformers and wiring.
- Installs and repairs hydraulic, coolant or air systems which are associated with the machine.
- Repairs or replaces gauges, valves, pressure regulators and other machine related equipment.
- Submits all service paper work and expenses weekly, and on time.
- Provides maintenance training for colleagues and customers on and offsite. Completes cross training of all machines and controls.
- Supports and informs the Service Manager on a daily basis of any service related matters.
Candidate should have the following skills in order to be considered for the position:
- Minimum of 5 years experience installing, configuring,, troubleshooting and repairing CNC lathe and milling machines
- Willingness to travel throughout US up to 75%
- Able to read and understand blue prints
- Proven electrical and mechanical background
- Extensive controls experience (Siemens and Mitsubishi)
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Disability Insurance (Short- and Long-Term)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Personal Time Off (PTO)