Specialized manufacturer seeks an experienced CNC Machinist or Tool Maker to join our operations in Butte, Montana. Day to day activities include setup of machining centers, NC programming, design and manufacture of fixtures, and machining of mechanical and micro-mechanical components. The ability to communicate professionally with clients and to collaborate with other machinists and engineers is required. Patients, attention to detail, and a desire to constantly improve are highly valued.
Our company is committed to building and maintaining a culture that is dedicated to its team members, and to the success of our clients. High product quality, continuous improvement, and entrepreneurial growth are key components of our business strategy. We understand the value of an effective and competent team, and make time and resources available for learning and training opportunities.
- Programming, set up, and operation of multi-axis CNC machine tools include milling and turning centers.
- Perform offline programming using GibbsCam software packages. Applicant must have 3+ years of CAM Programming experience.
- Set up multiple machines efficiently and utilize optimal feeds, speeds and cutter combinations.
- Use and maintain precision inspection equipment such as micrometers, indicators, electronic height gauges, optical comparators, and gauge blocks.
- Read and understand engineering drawings and blueprints, including Geometric Dimensioning, conventional dimensioning/tolerance, as well as the ability to infer tolerances for a given part function.
- Apply thorough knowledge of machining materials such as aluminum, stainless steel, titanium, plastics, tool steel, and various refractory metals.
- Run parts with close tolerances +/- .001" and highly cosmetic surfaces with a minimal reject rate.
- Exhibit a high degree of skill handling delicate parts, producing precision machined surfaces, and exercising care when cleaning, deburring, and assembling to maintain the highest quality.
- Be capable of making parts from start to finish using blueprints and/or customer supplied CAD files with little or no supervision.
- Must have good communications skills and be willing and able to act as a company representative.
The ideal candidate will also have the following traits:
- Reliable and Trustworthy
- Attention to detail
- Experience with medical manufacturing and small parts machining
- Project management experience
To learn more about this position or to request an interview, please submit a resume via email to: HR@imperiumengineering.com