Opportunity for a highly motivated individual to work at a technology company integrating cutting-edge industrial 3D printing within conventional CNC machining equipment.
Hybrid Manufacturing Technologies (www.hybridmanutech.com) is seeking to hire full-time an experienced machine tool service technician for service, installation and troubleshooting 3D printing equipment integrated into CNC machine tools. This role is available immediately and includes technical and managerial growth potential.
- Superior professionalism with exemplary customer service skills
- Highly responsive to customer requests
- Working understanding of CNC machines and service requirements
- Ability to troubleshoot and correct electrical and electro-mechanical problems on equipment.
- Wiring and electrical skills needed
- Mechanical assembly skills needed
- Anxious to learn and willing to help at every level
- CAD/CAM software awareness/abilities are desirable
Education / Experience:
- Associates in electro-mechanical/industrial systems or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in electro-mechanical service
- Highly dynamic technology company in the area of 3D printing and CNC machining
- ~50% of time will include domestic and some foreign travel (passport needed)
- When not traveling, office-based tasks (behind a desk) and workshop activities
- Reporting directly to senior management
- Multiple priorities that evolve based on customer demands
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Technical support (on site and remote via email, phone, etc.)
- On-site system commissioning and customer training
- Take initiative to understand and address customers service and training needs
- Set goals and achieve tight timelines
- Creative problem solver that can contribute to improved products
- Ability to adapt and respond to changing demands and work environments depending on the project
- Detail-oriented in documentation, reporting, and correspondence
- Organize tools, maintain machines and tooling in excellent condition
- Operation of basic CNC tasks
About the company: Hybrid Manufacturing Technologies is a start-up and the pioneer of combining industrial 3D printing and inspection with mainstream CNC machines using its patented AMBIT™ tool-changeable heads. Hybrid’s groundbreaking innovations have ignited the commercial acceptance of hybrid all-in-one machines. These hybrid CNCs offer additive with in-process finishing and inspection, providing capability that is not practical to achieve using separate machines. Hybrid all-in-one systems significantly reduce capital costs and provide an intuitive adoption path for machine tool users. These contributions to industry led to Hybrid being named as the inaugural winner of the International Additive Manufacturing Award (IAMA) in 2015, the largest 3D printing award in history.
Hybrid serves the world’s premier machine tool builders and also retrofits CNCs in its facilities in the US and Europe.