Kelly Services in Savannah, GA is currently seeking an experienced CNC Tech II. Successful candidates MUST have 2 years of related experience; i.e. machining composite materials & hardwoods. Machining aircraft furniture a plus!
Set up and operate automated machines to fabricate parts, applying knowledge of shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, maintainability materials and layout techniques.
1. Download program files to set up machine for cutting/milling to blueprints and/or engineering documents.
2. Test program and ensure machine is set up in accordance with drawings.
3. Remove and/or replace cutting tools and offsets as required. Inspect condition of tools and replace as needed.
4. Manipulate programs to fit inserts into material, ensuring fit and conformity.
5. Inspect cut material/part prior to CNC operation to ensure conformity and compliance with blueprints, models, and/or engineering documents.
6. Edge-fill and/or seal and sand panels.
7. Identify material and appropriate cutting tools. Set up material and inspect for serviceability.
8. Write and/or edit CNC programs based on blueprint specifications.
9. Train lower level CNC technicians.
10. Monitor material supply.
11. Perform preventative maintenance and minor repairs on machines.
12. Complete paperwork and other documents as required
13. Maintain a clean and safe work environment
14. Comply with 5S and Environmental, Health and Safety requirements.
15. Perform other duties as assigned including shop floor duties as needed.
Must possess a High School diploma or GED. Two (2) years experience with similar automated equipment. Experience in PC applications preferred.