The BAE Systems site in York, Pennsylvania is seeking a CNC Programmer. In this role, you will program new state-of-art up to 6-meter gantry machines and large horizontal mills.
In this role, the CNC Programmer will develop CNC programs for large structure machining. The CNC Programmer also:
- Provides 3 and 5 axis programming on large Gantry and Horizontal machines.
- Provides CNC programmers for large structure machining efforts.
- Collaborates with Operations, Maintenance and Machine OEMs to provide in-depth technical support for the heavy machining centers;
- Develops efficiencies within existing processes and drives the use of industry best practices.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of relevant engineering discipline(s), industry best practices, business trends, and application of new technology.
- Ensures concepts, development and machining processes support customer requirements and standards.
- Supports the design and evaluation of machine-related tooling and fixturing.
- Supports capital acquisition projects that support the advancement of machining capability and capacity.
- Creates and provides training to Machine Operators.
- Supports development of CNC programs and troubleshoots issues on machining centers.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Knowledge of 5-axis CNC part programming in Siemens NX CAM software
- Experience supporting low volume, multi-mix, complex application setup for large structure machining
- Applications and operation/user knowledge of CNC equipment
- Excellent organization, including the ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels;
- Lean Manufacturing experience
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings, specifications and inspection instructions to determine product conformance requirements
- Experience leading Root Cause/Correct Action investigations
- Thorough understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Ability to train operators on new machining technology and machine processes
- Extensive knowledge in cutting tool design, selection, and application
- Ability to support travel of ~10% to supplier and customer locations
- Experience using and programming probe routines
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience in Siemens 840D control is preferred.
- Experience with equipment manufacturers such as FIVES, G&L, and/or Ingersoll preferred.
- OEM/Software/Programming certifications a plus.
- Experience using Vericut software is preferred.
- Experience using Renishaw probes is preferred.
- Prefer candidates who are able to work different shifts as need.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression