BUSINESS: Aerospace & Defense
LOCATION: Warren, MA
DIRECT REPORTING: Sr. Manufacturing Engineer Manager
FUNCTIONAL REPORTING: Operations
Develop, CNC programs, evaluate, troubleshoot, and recommend CNC machine tools, utilizing personal computers, CAM software, and DNC systems.
- Review and obtain the required information from tool drawings and models, fixture drawings and models, part prints and models, and associated documents in the development of efficient CNC programs and related materials.
- Work with operators, supervisors, engineering, other programmers, and any other area to optimize old and new processes and assist in training of these processes.
- Determine methods, tooling, feeds, speeds and all other necessary requirements necessary for efficient manufacturing of parts.
- Recommend new or revised tooling, fixtures, equipment, software, and any process improvements to support manufacturing and its customers.
- Conduct special studies, assist on capital research, serve on special teams.
- Keep supervisor informed of operations, problems, and opportunities as they arise.
- Take positive action to advance personal knowledge of manufacturing technology, CNC programming, CAM software, DNC technology, and related information.
- Maintain appropriate records and documentation to assist in the control and evaluation of programming operations.
- Assist in the development of a safe working environment through the use of occupational safety and health standards, including ergonomic principles.