Luxfer Superform seeks an experience CNC Programmer for its busy Riverside Manufacturing Facility. This position will be responsible for programming and maintenance of computer numeric controlled production equipment using Mastercam.
- Cutting sheet metal parts using vacuum and mechanical hold down fixtures (Mostly aluminum, but, some titanium and magnesium).
- Ensuring repeatability of machines, programs, and fixturing.
- Designing and cutting steel, iron, aluminum, and composite tools from castings and block.
- 5 axis routers and machine centers.
- 5 axis laser experience a plus.
- Read and understand CNC programs.
- Review 3D CAD design models.
- Determine sequence of operations in a program.
- Write programs and modify existing ones for increased efficiency.
- Read, understand and take appropriate corrective action to messages in programs.
- Responsible for the basic upkeep and corrections to programs as well as the associated files, structures, and paperwork.
- Apply basic mathematics to relate measured dimensions to product specifications.
- Understand technical terms related to turning and machining processes.
- Create instructions for machinists.
- Work directly with machine operators and engineers to develop and proof programs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty with the utmost quality and dependability. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires access to our export-controlled commodities, technical data, technology and services. These items are restricted under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) to U.S. Citizens, Lawful Permanent Residents of the U.S. and properly licensed foreign persons. Therefore, employment is contingent on compliance with ITAR regulations and successfully obtaining and maintaining the necessary export authorization license from the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Industry and Security, U.S. Department of State’s Office of Defense Trade Controls, or other applicable government agency.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Expertise with MasterCam Software, version X9 a plus.
- Experience with 5 axis Laser Programming preferred.
- Associate’s degree or higher in CNC programming, a computer-related field or a mechanical field preferred.
- 2 - 3 years full time programming experience.
- Set up and programming capabilities on machining sheet metal and steel, aluminum, or composite tools.
- Ability to read blueprints and comprehend product drawings and models.
- Accurate use of measuring instruments including micrometers and calipers.
- Effective use of Statistical Process Controls and ability to complete charts.
- Must be mechanically inclined with knowledge of metal shop work.
- Experience on machining centers.
- Superior computer programming skills.
- Excellent time management, organizational and planning skills required.
- Must be able to communicate efficiently both verbally and in written form.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
We are committed to a safe, drug-free work environment, and pre-employment drug screening and background checks are required. Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.