Note: This job description provides an outline of the essential functions and qualifications necessary for this position. It is not all-inclusive and duties may change, be added or deleted according to business need.
Primary responsibility is to provide accurate and efficient programs in a timely manner for the CNC machines. The Programmer is also responsible for working with manufacturing personnel to resolve any programming problems at the machines as they arise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write programs and special macros for all CNC machines. Import models from SolidWorks into Mastercam.
- Provide CNC setup instruction sheets for each program.
- Maintain program revisions and support documentation for internal and customer specified changes.
- Provide estimated CNC cycle times for quoting and estimating group.
- Work with tool makers to develop best manufacturing process - programming/tooling.
- Work on special projects as assigned by management.
- Work to verbal and written instructions with minimal supervision.
- Responsible for cleanliness of his/her own work area and the general housekeeping of the Company.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years CAM experience.
- Must be familiar with Mastercam Mill Level x 9. Mastercam 2019
- Must be able to set-up CNC s, for initial set-ups.
- General knowledge of manufacturing with an emphasis on CNC machining.
- 5 years minimum experience in machine shop environment.
- Efficient in reading blue prints.
- Basic computer skills with an emphasis on Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Project.
- Good reading and writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Basic knowledge of CAD (SolidWorks preferred).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and sit. The employee will use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and to use a computer keyboard with mouse for long periods of time. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move 25 pounds.
Office, Plant, Warehouse or Remote locations:
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job in the Plant or Warehouse, the employee is exposed to noise and aluminum particles. The noise level is usually moderate, but hearing protection may be required in designated areas. The employee is required to wear safety glasses when in the plant.
Conditions in remote locations vary, depending on the job requirements.