Job Title: CNC Programmer
Location: Kent, WA 98032
Duration: 03 Months (Contract To Hire)
Role and Responsibilities:
- CNC Programmer writes, modifies, and tests computer programs for multi-axis CNC machines.
- CNC Programmer writes and/or modifies CNC programs and instruction sheets for multi-axis machined parts.
- Coordinates program start-ups in manufacturing, assists in troubleshooting and provide recommendations for the selection of cutting tools.
- Monitors performance of program after implementation, making adjustments as needed.
- Evaluates requests for new or modified programs to determine feasibility, cost, and time estimates.
- Maintains program files.
- Analyzes, reviews, and recommends modifications to existing programs to increase operating efficiency, reduce costs, improve processes, and/or adapt to new or changing requirements.
- Trains other Programmers as needed or required.
- Provides technical assistance.
- Meets established standards for productivity and quality.
- Confers with supervisor when problems arise which impact expected level of performance.
- Responsible for supporting and ensuring compliance to ISO 9001/AS9100 Quality Management Systems.
- Must contribute to a positive work environment.
- Performs any task required to support customer requirements and company goals.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret customer blueprints/specifications, purchase orders, tooling concepts, manufacturing processes, technical procedures, operating instructions, etc.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane, solid geometry, and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Previous experience programming five-axis CNC machines in NCL plus four years machining experience preferred.
- CATIA/CADKEY experience preferred.
- Approximately 3+ years of experience
- Entry Level- basic knowledge
- Learning duties/responsibilities
- Handles problems with assistance
- Requires day to day direction from Lead/Supervisor