Spectra Personnel is currently seeking a Press Brake Operator to perform the following duties:
- Performs the set up on all the CNC brakes, which involves the use of a print and a tool/die in conjunction with the stroke.
- Checks all jobs against the blueprints to ensure that they are being done correctly.
- Conducts the first piece inspection of all the set-ups and a routine check of the operations
- Operates the machine
- Trains and instructs the press brake operators in the proper sequence of running the parts.
- Organizes all the tooling and consults with the Press Brake Team Leader for maintenance or new tooling that is required.
- Prints the blueprints that are necessary for the operation.
- Plans ahead to ensure the next job is set up prior to the completion of the existing job.
- Performs routine set-up and troubleshooting
- Maintains the machine tooling by routinely cleaning and checking the tools.
- Communicates with the Team Leader and the Set-up about any problems, and the priority of setting up the next job.
- Conducts basic quality checks within the parameters of the position.
- Manually places the material on the equipment and operates the machine to manufacture parts within the tolerance prescribed on blueprints.
- Makes routine adjustments, up to and including tools at time to assure parts are within tolerance.
- Must check parts to print using proper QC measuring equipment.
- Work closely and notify Team Leader when any parts consistently fall outside of the tolerance.
- Load/unload machines and may check basic cross-reference information to assure correct part is being processed.
- Perform any lower level duties such as filing, sanding, and light repetitive assembly.
- Works on the most simple and repetitive jobs with minimal chance of high value errors.
- Works responsibly and efficiently, adhering to all safety rules and policies.
- Ensures proper labor reporting.
- Assures that basic quality checks are performed at specific intervals on machine parts.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices, and perform in a safe and effective manner so as not to inflict injury to self or others.
- Inform area management of any hazardous situations in the work environment
- Perform any other duties required by the Fabrication manager to ensure realization of departmental and corporate goals.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of 2 years Fabrication experience