Programming, setup and operation of CNC Grinders to manufacture high precision machined gears and fixtures
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setup and Operate CNC Grinders (Studer and Okamoto) for OD, ID and Axial (face) grinding.
- Establish efficient grinding process, determine grinding wheel requirements (e.g. wheel type, hardness, dressing cycles, develop setup and operation sheets to efficiently manage operation.
- Troubleshoot work in process when program, wheel speed, finish or tolerance problems occur.
- Read and interpret blueprints, planning sheets, sketches, and related technical data to determine holding requirements, setup procedures, control settings, grinding methods and sequences.
- Calculate and set machine controls to position grinding wheel in relations to work piece and to regulate factors, such as depth of cut, speed, feed and coolant flow.
Skills, Experience, Education, and Abilities:
- Experienced set-up / operator only
- Ability to inspect parts using conventional inspection equipment (i.e. calipers, micrometers, height gage, comparator, dial indicators, dial bores, etc.)
- Must be highly detail oriented.
- Able to perform routine maintenance (e.g. check & add fluids, replace coolant, replace filters, etc.)
- High degree of integrity
- Ownership, Initiative and Accountability
- Flexibility in range of responsibilities
- Self-awareness; not afraid to ask for help or admit error
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
- Bend or stoop repeatedly or continually over time
- Remain in a standing position for extended periods of time
- Lifting objects up to 50 pounds may be required
- Dayshift position
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits: 401K, Paid Holidays and Medical Insurance