Interstate Companies, Inc. is a dynamic organization that provides rewarding careers for more than 1,400 employees in its corporate office and five operating units Interstate AssemblySystems, Interstate BearingSystems, Interstate IndustrialSystems, Interstate PowerSystems and I-State Truck Center.
As we have since our founding in 1957 as one of the world s first Detroit Diesel Engine distributors, we continue to recruit career-oriented individuals who want fulfilling work and opportunities for professional growth. Our employees commitment to the company and its Pride in Service motto helps Interstate Companies deliver exceptional customer service every day.
Growth is a critical component of our business plan, and we are currently looking for a CNC Plasma Operator to help us in that growth.
Our CNC plasma Operator will know how to set up the machine and produce a high caliber product per a blue print and or work order specifications with little guidance. This position requires a person who can work independently.
- Responsible for set up procedure of the machine and maintaining specifications of each work order.
- Set up machine and manage the operation per specs of the work order, drawings, blueprints and/or machining parameters.
- Retrieve programmed instructions from the main database and control console when entering specific commands.
- Maintain a clean and safe work space by following safety procedures.
- Complete preventative maintenance daily by cleaning machine after each job; clearing job site of chips, filling, sweeping, mopping and wiping down area and following the scheduled maintenance log.
- Double check all specifications, instructions and dimensions before starting a work order and determine if the outcome will be a good product or not.
- Responsible for checking the quality of the materials and specification sof materials for each work order before starting the job.
- Apply MIG weld experience where necessary.
Desired Skills and Qualities
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to work independently
- Trade School or Equivalent
- High school graduate.
- Good computer, math, communication and organizational skills.
- Minimum of two years related work experience operating a CNC.
- Experience with MIG welding
- Competitive compensation
- Tools program
- Tuition assistance
- Broad range of health (medical, dental and vision) insurance options
- Flexible paid time off and paid holidays
- 401(K) with company match
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Interstate Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage all qualified and interested persons to apply for this position by submitting a resume for consideration.