PRIMARY OBJECTIVE(S) OF POSITION
Perform duties to operate and setup CNC machines used to manufacture cutting edges and ground engaging tools for the heavy equipment industry. Programming is done offline, but minor edits may be required at the machine.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Model the right behavior in terms of initiative, compliance, moral character (honor, integrity and courage) and work ethic to create teamwork and mutual respect amongst employees.
- Build team spirit, pride and camaraderie within team.
- Promote safety, environmental responsibility and continuous quality improvement in accordance with company policies.
- Complies with all the policies and procedures set forth in the Company Handbook.
- Work from production schedule, material issue tickets (MIT’s), prints, set-up diagrams and parts program lists.
- Follow all general and machine specific work instructions to include start-up, complex set-ups, preventive maintenance, operating, shut down and lockout tag-out.
- Use lift truck, pneumatic hand hoist, manual drill and grinder, tape measure, digital caliper and other hand tools.
- Maintain production records and perform SPC and quality check procedures as prescribed.
- Perform necessary calibration checks for tape measures, squares, calipers and other gauges and assure all items are within tolerance and within current calibration schedule.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as apparent and/or assigned.