Company in Harwood Heights is looking for a high-level CNC Mill and Lathe Machinist to join their 2nd shift team.
This company’s main focus is on part quality. Must have experience working with very close tolerances, read blueprints and must have worked in a job shop environment in the past. 2-3+ years of experience on both CNC Mills and Lathes. Will be responsible for doing complete setups and editing CNC programs as necessary. Must have basic GD&T knowledge. Will be operating and performing setups on Manual Mills and Lathes, as well.
· Manufacture parts within a cell with multiple machines to exacting blueprint dimensions and ensure 100%-part quality.
· Performs simple set-ups on both manual and CNC turning / milling machining centers.
· Edit CNC programs as necessary to improve the machining process and extend tool life while meeting production rates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Performs simple or repeat set-ups and operates equipment to produce high quality parts (100% good pieces) within prescribed routed time to meet production demands. If standard production rates cannot be met, the operator must notify his supervisor.
· Follows documented set-up sheets according to established procedures.
· Knowledgeable in basic GD&T and its application relative to part manufacture and inspection.
· Read and understand drawings to effectively manufacture parts to close tolerances.
· Maintains equipment via established preventative maintenance schedules.
· Follows all prescribed quality procedures and inspection plans.
· Performs 1st piece inspections and monitors own work to meet process requirements including fully documenting inspections reports developed by the Quality department.
· Verifies that the inspection equipment being utilized is in calibration and performs a simple daily check against a known master to ensure the accuracy of the gage to be used.
· Maintains area in a neat an orderly manner.
· Knowledgeable with tool / insert selection and utilizing the correct feeds and speeds for the materials being machined.
· Follows supervisor`s direction to troubleshoot problem processes, interfacing with Manufacturing
· Engineers if necessary.
· Helps train new individuals in basic CNC operations.
· Any additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Answers questions for those less experienced individuals within the department and helps in their training and development under the direction of departmental supervisor.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); two to three years CNC Milling / Turning experience in a job shop environment.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to solve inspection problems drawing from ones` experience and develop new approaches.
· Must be able to correctly interpret GD&T on drawings and apply them to the manufacture and inspection of parts produced.
· Must be able to read a micrometer, drop indicator and Vernier caliper.
· Should be able to utilize the optical comparator and profilometer.
· Complete 1st piece inspection reports as required per routing.
PLEASE LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
***$500 Referral Bonus ***
We will pay you a referral bonus for anyone you refer to us after they have worked 90 calendar days.