CNC MACHINIST WITH PROGRAMMING SKILLS in FLORIDA
American Vulkan Corporation, www.vulkan.com, is a dynamic and diverse manufacturing company in Central Florida, exporting and importing precision manufactured products worldwide. With a military and non-military customer base, our inventory spans from HVAC tube connectors weighing less than one ounce to mega ship couplings weighing 30,000 pounds. American Vulkan is a leader in its field with state of the art manufacturing equipment in a climate controlled shop and warehouse. In addition to a competitive salary, we offer an exceptional comprehensive benefit package. EEOC If you are the right person for this opportunity, you will possess the following knowledge, experience and skills:
- 3 years of CNC Vertical and Horizontal Lathe experience in a production job shop with CNC programming.
- Read and interpret blueprints using the metric system.
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings and engineering information to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products, and determine product dimensions and tolerances.
- Set controls to regulate machining, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Responsible for 100% of quality control of part manufactured.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as manual and digital micrometers and calipers to meet tolerance requirements.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Able to detect and diagnose machine malfunctions and necessary adjustments or repairs.
- Conduct and record maintenance on the machine(s).
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills with both technical and non-technical personnel in various inner-company departments, customers and vendors.
- Perform all tasks in a safe and responsible manner.
- Team player.
- Temperature controlled shop.
- Drug Screening and Background Check required.
- Re-location assistance available.
Due to the volume of applicants, we do not respond to email inquiries or phone calls asking for information.