Machine Operator Job Description:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Commitment to workplace safety.
- Set-up and operate machines including adjustment and/or replacement of expendable tooling, guides, jigs and fixtures.
- Operate an angle line machine, beveller, saw, shear, oxy or plasma burner, laser cutter, rolling machine, flattening press or machine, shot blaster, manual and robotic welders, press brake, machining center or lathe, and tube or custom laser.
- Support the safety and quality programs by following all accompanying rules and established processes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Operated HAAS, Mazak, Toyoda, Messer Lasers, Trumph lasers, Cincinnati s, Panasonic robotic welders.
- First: 7:00am-3:30pm Mon - Fri.
- Second: 3:00pm-11:30pm Mon-Fri.
- Third: 11:00 pm-7:30 am Sun-Thur.
- Overtime available.
- Ability to operate forklift and cranes.
- Ability to read and interpret simple blueprints.
- Ability to use a variety of hand tools such as hammer, pliers, screwdriver, wrench, drill, grinder and bander.
- Ability to use measuring tools such as tape measure, box caliper, slide dial caliper and micrometer.
- Ability to convert fractions to decimals and vice versa.
- Ability to convert metric to English.
- Provide high quality work to all internal and external customers as related to the output of their position.
- Capable of setting up and operating one or more processing machines.
- Speak, write and comprehend conversational English.
- Strong attention to detail.
High School Diploma or equivalent (preferred).
O'Neal Manufacturing Services (OMS), an O Neal Industries affiliate company, is a supplier of fabricated metal components and welded assemblies. OMS provides highly integrated, comprehensive manufacturing solutions to customers who build equipment and manage projects that shape the world we live in ranging from locomotives to forklifts and bulldozers to power generation equipment. Founded in 1921, with multiple manufacturing facilities strategically located throughout North America, we support original equipment manufacturers (OEM s) who build their industrial equipment in North America by supplying them with superior customer service and quality contract metal manufacturing.
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Work site Wellness Programs
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Tuition and Health club Reimbursement
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment and Life Insurance
- Training and Development Opportunities
- 401k and Profit sharing
- A 30 Minute math test is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.Company DescriptionLooking for good reliable people!