GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Manufacture quartz components utilizing machine tools, hand tools and other equipment. Produce and inspect machining operations and finished products against specified tolerances using precision measuring tools.
CNC Machinist - Entry-level machinist with either Machine Tool Technology course study or a year of hands-on experience.
- Set up and operate production machines equipment including saws, core drills, lapping and polishing machines and grinders. Also works with hand tools.
- Inspect finished products for quality and adherence to customer specifications.
- Produce and detail various-sized quartz (glass) parts to conform to specifications.
- Work in accordance to process procedures, work order instructions, drawings and other production documents.
- Verify part or process conformance to specification calibrate or adjust equipment to ensure quality production with approved inspection tools, such as callipers, micrometers, height gages, pin gages and comparators.
- Perform detail work, which may include waxing, dewaxing, chamfering, acid wash or other cleaning, cosmetic inspection of parts and other similar functions.
- Assists with troubleshooting problems with equipment, devices or products.
- Maintain equipment. Detect and correct minor machine malfunctions and perform daily and monthly machine maintenance as directed.
- Maintain a safe, organized and clean work area.
- Monitor and adjust production processes or equipment for quality and productivity.
- Set up, operate and perform routine maintenance.
- Start up and shut down processing equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent. Entry level position. Familiarity with manufacturing processes and equipment recommended.
May require lifting up to 50 lbs
Must be flexible regarding shift