FULL TIME/DAY POSITION
Set up and operate conventional CNC machines and machining centers to fabricate metal and plastic parts by performing the following duties:
- Study blueprints, drawings, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Select, align, and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on machines as necessary to machine parts as required.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve, input or edit computerized machine control according to established procedures.
- Verify conformance of finished work-piece to specifications, using measuring and inspection tools as necessary.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks on machines as required.
- Confer with management, programmers, and production personnel to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area and return all unused tooling to the proper place.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with co-workers, managements, suppliers and customers.
- Ensure that all safe work practices are followed and adhered to.
Work experience Requirements
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and documents
- Ability work with mathematical concepts such as portability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and a sometimes moderate noise level in the work environment.