Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Operator CNC machines to shape metal parts to specifications in tooling prints using drawings, existing programs and verbal instructions
- Obtain from department schedules, verbal instruction, or professional experience such information as: tooling components to be made, standard fixtures to be used, machine settings, number of parts to be machined, and programs to be used.
- Mount specified component to standard fixture on machine
- Position and secure parts in machine.
- Move controls to align parts, load job specific program into machine, and adjust machine settings. Observe and verify machine settings, part orientation, and proper program through dry run.
- Inspect work visually and with measuring instruments using designs, sketches, and verbal instructions.
- Must be abel to work to tight tolerances, within +/-.001
- Experience with machining different types of materials specifically tool steel
- Perform applicable machine repair and maintenance.
- Must be knowledgable in shop math
- Stamping die expereicne a plus
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- High school graduate or receipt of equivalent degree (GED).
- Minimum 5-7 years experience operating CNC machining centers, lathe.
- Prior Fineblanking / metal stamping / tool making experience is a plus.
Other Skills & Abilities:
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to interpret technical drawings and specifications
- Ability to program and work offline, while machine is cutting.
- Knowledge of inch & metric systems of measurement. Knowledge and experience using basic measuring tools (micrometer, caliper, toolmaker s scope).
- Ability to load, unload and edit CNC programs at the machine.
Precision Resource is a leading global supplier of precision metal components and assemblies using fineblank technology. Our eight divisions serve a global customer base with a commitment to continuous improvement. For over 50 years we have provided solutions to quality, cost and production challenges for market-leading customers in the automotive, heavy duty and off-highway vehicles, tools and hardware, electronics and cutlery.
Precision Resource, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Women, minorities, veterans, and disabled persons are encouraged to apply.