DRAFTSMAN/AUTOCAD/SOLID WORKS/CNC PROGRAMMER
Dvorak Instruments, Inc. - A world class manufacturer of pneumatic products used globally by top law enforcement and military clients is seeking an experienced 3D Draftsman.
This position requires a detail oriented individual with a strong aptitude for computer work who can work well under pressure as a CNC Programmer/Draftsman. Must be well organized, mathematically oriented, have an understanding of basic safety procedures and knowledge of metal machining.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Produces machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating a computer numerical control machine
• Adheres to quality and safety policies and keeps accurate records by maintaining equipment and supplies
• Utilizes company-furnished computer-aided drafting and manufacturing software to create drawings and machine programs of new products and customer samples
• Prioritizes jobs to use time most effectively in order to complete assignments in a timely manner and meet growing demand
• Proficient in the use of precision measuring tools used in the inspection and manufacture of production parts
• Properly catalogs new and revised drawings
• Troubleshoots CNC machine problems; identifies and implements improvement opportunities for programs by tooling and set-ups of CNC equipment on a continuous basis
• Uses AutoCAD (or similar) software to prepare integrated drawings.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
This position requires a pro-active, problem-solving individual who is able to manage a varied workload with constantly changing priorities. Individual must be detail oriented, accurate, well organized and able to work effectively under pressure. Must have excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills. Must have excellent interpersonal skills by demonstrating the ability to develop and maintain positive rapport with a diverse employee/customer population. Must be able to accomplish projects. Must be able to meet expectations of the position with minimal guidance or supervision.
Education and/or Experience:
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• An associate's or technical degree from an accredited institution in CNC programming, CAD, CAE, or related discipline
• Minimum of two years of direct work experience programming and operating CNC equipment and machinery; demonstrated experience with CAD software
• Direct work experience using SolidWorks and MS Office products
Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, single variable equations. Ability to apply basic trigonometric concepts such as sine, cosine, tangent . Ability to apply mathematical and trigonometric operations
to such tasks as calculating weights, volumes and determining angular requirements of components.
WE OFFER a Clean, modern, non-tobacco, air-conditioned shop/laboratory.
-Medical and dental plans
-Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, & Paid Sick Days
***Please email your resume with your preferred salary***
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22.00 to $27.00 /hour