Candidates must possess knowledge of CNC machines; Citizen and Miyano machines and accessories experience is helpful, but not required. Primary responsibility is new designs for Cool Blaster and other accessories for Cincom/Miyano.
· Design control systems based on mechanical design and intent
· Troubleshoot electrical control systems through phone support
· Ability to understand CNC controls and integrate external systems
· Able to understand pneumatics and hydraulics and know how to control them
· Troubleshoot robot, automation, electrical systems and controls issues
· Reprogram equipment for engineering changes and improvements
· Update program backups for automation
· Program new installations of automation, material handling, and robots
· Must be able to layout and design electrical controls to NFPA safety standards.
· Review risk assessments as part of a team evaluating equipment safety.
· Working with PLC logic and controls
· Edit and maintain electrical schematics and drawings for existing product using CAD drawing software
· Knowledge of typical alarms and how to remedy
· Must be able to set up and design control panels for automation
knowledge of PLC control theory, ladder logic, and other advanced aspects of
industrial automation and control.
Candidates must possess 3 to 5 years’ experience in the following:
v CNC Controls
v 2D Drawing
v Reading and understanding electrical drawings and schematics
v PLC Ladder Logic (Allen-Bradley, Mitsubishi, Fanuc, Direct Logic)
v Control Panel Layout & Design
v Safety Controls, i.e. E-Stop, Door Safety, etc.
v Motion Control
v Industrial Communication Protocols
v Machine Builders Electrical Code (NFPA 79, CE Standards)
v Pneumatics & Hydraulics
v Robotics is a plus
v Knowledge of Servo Control, Hydraulics Systems and Mechanical design